Are you an experienced CIS/Subcontractor payments manager? If so this is the role for you!
Job Title: CIS/Subcontractor Payments Manager
Location: North Hertfordshire
We are working with a family-run, but leading construction company based in North Hertfordshire with projects all over the UK. With a commitment to excellence and a track record of successful projects, the business is seeking a talented and experienced CIS/Subcontractor Payments Manager to join their finance team.
As the CIS/Subcontractor Payments Manager, you will play a pivotal role in our organisation’s financial operations. You will be responsible for overseeing the entire Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) payments process and managing subcontractor payments to ensure accuracy, compliance, and timeliness. This role is ideal for an individual who thrives in a fast-paced construction environment and has a strong background in financial management.
- Manage the end-to-end Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) payments process.
- Verify subcontractor invoices and payment applications for accuracy and compliance.
- Ensure all payments are processed accurately and on time in accordance with company policies and HMRC regulations.
- Collaborate with project managers and site supervisors to resolve payment discrepancies and issues.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of subcontractors, payments, and related documentation.
- Liaise with HMRC for any CIS-related inquiries or reporting requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports and forecasts related to subcontractor payments.
- Stay up to date with changes in CIS legislation and regulations to ensure compliance.
- Streamline and improve payment processes to enhance efficiency and accuracy.
- Proven experience in a similar role in the construction industry.
- In-depth knowledge of the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) regulations and compliance.
- Ideally having used COINS (preferred but not essential)
- Strong understanding of financial principles and accounting practices.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in using financial software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Competitive salary up to £40,000
- Private Health
- Dental + Optical benefits
- Yearly bonus scheme
- A supportive and collaborative work environment