A great opportunity for an ambitious Financial Controller looking to succeed the current Financial Director.
A great opportunity for an ambitious Financial Controller seeking a business that is looking for someone to succeed the current Financial Director.
The Absolute Recruit is exclusively supporting a £20m t/o owner-managed business based in Cambridge, to recruit a new Financial Controller. The role suits someone ACCA, CIMA or ACA Qualified (or equivalent) who is comfortable taking ownership for the month-end and year-end close, as well as focusing on supporting and training a small team. Stock and / or distribution experience would be advantageous but not essential.
This is an exciting opportunity and a great step for a strong Finance Manager or Financial Controller who sees themselves taking on a Financial Director role in 2- 3 years time. The role acts as a number two but will have a lot of autonomy to manage the day-to-day Finance department and gives direct access to the board and the owners.
- Develop, maintain, and ensure the accuracy of financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Prepare and analyse monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports, presenting them to the management team and from time to time Board of Directors.
- Ensure compliance with accounting principles, financial reporting standards, and local regulations.
- Provide valuable insights and recommendations based on financial analysis to support business decisions.
- Streamline and optimize financial processes to enhance efficiency and accuracy.
- Oversee the accounts payable and receivable functions, ensuring timely and accurate processing of financial transactions.
- Oversee and provide information to the External Payroll provider.
- Lead and mentor a small finance team, providing guidance, support, and training to foster professional growth.
- Coordinate and manage the annual audit process, liaising with external auditors to ensure accurate and timely completion under the supervision of the Finance Director.
- Ensure compliance with tax regulations and assist in the preparation of tax returns.
- Ensure compliance with cross-border financial regulations and manage foreign currency transactions effectively.