Interim Payroll Specialist for a growing recruitment firm in City of London
Absolute are actively partnering with a London based recruitment business named in the Sunday Times 100 companies to work for. Operating across the UK our client is a specialist in their field and has steadily grown in recent years with projections for further growth and international expansion.
We are looking to engage with Payroll specialists who will provide full ownership of the contractor payroll and internal staff payroll. This is not just your average payroll position, this 12-month interim role will help to shape what the payroll function looks like moving forward.
The successful incumbent will be instrumental in creating a modern payroll function with integrate systems, controls, and processes. You will be heavily involved in pay & billing administration, compliance, and margin reporting.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Work alongside Financial Controller and Head of Finance to create a robust and first class payroll function.
- Work with wider business to integrate payroll systems, including timesheets, billings and CRM.
- Manage the end to end payroll process for our contract book (PAYE, Limited, Umbrella, FTC, weekly and monthly.
- Preparation of permanent internal staff payroll
- Responsible for setting up new starters, compliance and leavers taking into account any matters relating to IR35, AWR, GDPR, and HMRC.
- Timesheet management and managed vendors
- Create and raise customer invoices and pay contractors on a timely manner.
- Produce margin reports for FC, HoF and SLT.
- Assist with production of relevant information for month end accounts.
- Business Partner and liaise with Consultants and Back office to ensure best practice across the business.
- Be the main point of contact for payroll queries from employees and contractors
- When required prepare submission, of P45s, P46s, P 60s and P11Ds
- Responsible for Pension for both internal and contractor payrolls
The opportunity will require you to be in the office 3 days per week (preferably Monday, Tuesday & Thursday) in the London based office. (Closest Stations Bank, Liverpool Street, Aldgate).
To be considered for this role you will have/be:
- Experience working in the Recruitment Industry. (strongly desired)
- CIPP Qualified (Desirable)
- Proven experience of managing a payroll function (Essential)
- Knowledge and use of InTime/RSM or an online timesheet management system
- Detailed knowledge of UK payroll processing, compliance, tax regulations, AWR etc.
Location: London – City of London
Day Rate: £250 – 300 umbrella ( inside IR35 only)
Length of Contract: 12 months
Hybrid Working: Monday/Tuesday/ Thursday (office days)