Treasury Accountants.Join a global payments Fintech today, in a newly created Senior Treasury Accountant position!
Treasury Accountants…Join a global payments Fintech today, in a newly created Senior Treasury Accountant position!
Salary: £50,000 – £65,000
Location: London (Flexibility to work up to 4 days a week at home)
You’ll be joining a high-growth business (50% YOY growth), with an established client base and joining an experienced and impressive finance team. This is a newly created position for the business (current duties are covered by the Financial Controller) and this role will manage one Treasury Accountant, whilst managing and monitoring treasury activities globally, overseeing a diverse banking network of over 150 bank accounts.
The business boasts an excellent track record of retaining employees, and it’s clear they really look after their employees. Although all of the team are very hardworking and driven, work/life balance is important for them and they offer the flexibility to work up to 4 days per week at home and also have a generous annual holiday allowance along with many other benefits.
Global Bank Account Management:
- Effectively manage a global network of bank accounts, encompassing various currencies.
- Optimise interest income through meticulous cash forecasting and timely cash movements.
- Take responsibility for foreign exchange (FX) trading and monitoring.
Team Management and Collaboration:
- Oversee the Treasury Accountants work
- Collaborate with the Financial Controller to establish and maintain strong banking relationships across multiple international banks and 150 bank accounts.
- Assist in the process of opening new bank accounts when necessary.
Risk Management and Compliance:
- Implement a robust cash management structure and devise short-term investment strategies to monitor short to medium-term liquidity.
- Identify and mitigate foreign currency risks associated with income, cash flow, or net assets resulting from exchange rate fluctuations.
- Assess and manage interest rate risk related to income, cash flow, net assets, or financial covenants stemming from interest rate movements.
- Ensure compliance by agreeing upon, documenting, and controlling the Treasury Policy, implementing it across all locations.
Reporting and Financial Analysis:
- Prepare and review accurate cash forecasts, analysing variances and improving future forecasts.
- Develop comprehensive management reports, providing valuable insights to key stakeholders, including monthly management reporting and reporting to the Audit & Risk Committee.
External Funding and Liquidity Management:
- Oversee medium to long-term external funding and borrowing facilities to maintain sufficient liquidity for day-to-day operations and unforeseen business disruptions.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 3 + years of experience in a similar role
- Essential experience in multi-currency management and FX trading.
- Preferred experience in the payments industry or within a Fintech business