A well-established construction business specialising in Real Estate developments are recruiting an ambitious management accountant to join their team
Absolute are working exclusively with a well-established construction business based in the heart of London, specialising in delivering high-quality projects of real estate developments. Their commitment to excellence, innovation, and collaboration sets them apart in the industry. As they continue to grow, they are seeking a skilled and detail-oriented Management Accountant to join their finance team.
As Management Accountant, you will report directly to the Head of Finance and play a pivotal role in maintaining efficient and accurate financial information and insightful analysis for the group of companies. This role with support overseeing and mentoring the junior members of the team and there are excellent opportunities to progress to a Finance Manager.
- Financial Reporting: Prepare and analyse monthly and annual financial reports for the multiple entities in the group. Ensure timely and accurate submission of financial statements to management, highlighting key performance indicators and financial trends.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Support the Financial Controller with collaborating with department heads to develop annual budgets and forecasts. Monitor budget variances, investigate discrepancies, and provide recommendations for corrective actions.
- Cost Analysis: Conduct detailed cost analysis for construction projects, including tracking project expenses, comparing actual costs to budgeted costs, and identifying areas for cost optimisation. Provide insights on cost drivers and contribute to the development of cost-effective strategies.
- Financial Planning and Analysis: Work closely with senior management to provide financial analysis to support strategic planning and decision-making.
- Cash Flow Management: Monitor and manage cash flow to ensure adequate liquidity for ongoing operations. Optimise working capital and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with accounting principles and tax regulations including VAT and CIS.
- Process Improvement: Continuously evaluate and improve financial processes and procedures to enhance efficiency and accuracy. Support with developing the software, COINS.
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Experience working in the construction sector with knowledge of construction accounting principles and project cost management.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and accounting software’s (COINS preferable)
- Competitive salary
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible hours and work from home 1 (possibly 2 days) per week
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays
- 5% Employer Pension contributions
- Premium Private Medical with Bupa
- Company events
- Onsite gym and games room
- Great company culture